Stand Up America is a progressive, digital-first advocacy organization with nearly 2 million grassroots members who are working to stand up to corruption and build a more representative democracy. We’re fighting for democracy reforms at the local, state, and federal level that would expand voting rights, reduce the impact of big money in our politics, and end structural barriers that conservatives have built to impede progressive change. Our members have driven more than 1.7 million constituent calls to their representatives, mobilized tens of thousands of protestors, contacted tens of millions of voters, and helped pass bold democracy reforms at the state and federal levels.
We envision a democracy where:
- Every American has representation, regardless of where they live, what they look like, or how they identify.
- Racist barriers to the ballot are torn down and voting rights are expanded to ensure that voting is accessible, secure, and treated as the sacred right that it is.
- Americans from all walks of life can run for office and win based on the power of their ideas, voice, and experience—not on how much money they can raise from themselves or wealthy donors.
- Our government is responsive to the will of the American people—and will finally take bold action on the pressing issues facing our nation, from gun violence and climate change to immigration reform and racial & economic justice.
Our social media team reaches millions of Americans every week. Our Facebook & Instagram pages have some of the highest reach and engagement rates of any progressive organization.
We’re looking for a Social Media Strategist to help shape Stand Up America’s voice across our organic social media channels and write social content for both rapid response and long-term campaigns. This role reports directly to the Social Media Director.
Here’s a breakdown of what you’d be doing in this role:
50% - Drafting + Posting
- Identify and connect trending content with meaningful opportunities to inspire our audience to take action
- Draft ideas and copy for all kinds of social content (text only, videos, graphics, captions and memes) and post them
- Together with the Social Media Director, help develop and implement social growth and engagement strategies across existing social properties, including Instagram, Threads, TikTok, Twitter and Facebook, and onboard emerging platforms
30% - Producing Content
- Use pre-made templates to produce graphics for rapid-response moments
- Pitch and help craft creative video content with the Creative Director and Content Team for Reels and TikTok (and even star in them if you’re so inclined!) and post these videos
- Work directly with our Creative Director to help produce more complex and detailed social graphics and video content
20% - Community Management + Analytics
- Monitor replies, comments and DMs, responding to supporters and reporting trolls
- Work with the Social Media Director and analytics team to learn from and build on organic social performance insights
- Help contribute to the weekly and monthly analytics reviews
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in social media or digital
- A proven track record of producing impactful social media content for a progressive organization or political campaign
- Strong copywriting skills and attention to detail
- Experience formulating and pitching ideas and concepts
- Experience meeting deadlines in fast-paced environments
- A good sense of humor
- Very online and a bit of a news junkie who understands how the internet moves and shapes stories and narratives
- Eager to learn and independently motivated
- Passionate about protecting our democracy and voting rights
- Creative and willing to try new things on social and pitch these ideas effectively
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Comfortable receiving feedback and learning from it
- Calm and cool under pressure
Stand Up America celebrates diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, class, ability, life experiences, and background. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer—women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Stand Up America’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is key to our mission of building a more representative democracy and reforming a political system that has given white, wealthy Americans a louder voice and more power than Black, Indigenous, and people of color for far too long.
For more information about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion internally and in our advocacy efforts, click here.
Salary & Benefits
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, including 100% subsidy of monthly premiums
- 401(K) retirement plan with automatic employer contribution of 3% of salary
- 3 weeks flexible paid time off per calendar year, plus an additional week in December, for a total of 4 weeks per year, plus additional paid time off with seniority
- Additional paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Annual professional development
- Reimbursement for coworking space passes and remote work supplies
- Computer and accessories for at-home and in-office work
- A fun work environment with colleagues who are respectful of one another and passionate about their work
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000